District (undivided Muzaffarnagar) Highlights 2011 Census (Source District Census Handbook)
- District Muzaffarnagar (undivided) ranks 12th in terms of population in the state.
- The percentage share of urban population in the district is 28. 8 percent as against 22.3 percent of the population in urban areas of the state.
- Muzaffarnagar district has a population density of 1,034 persons per sq.km., which is more than the state average of 829 persons per sq. km.
- Muzaffarnagar district ranks 42nd in terms of sex ratio (889) which is lower than the state average of 912 females per thousand males.
- Muzaffarnagar district ranks 33rd in literacy with 69.1 percent which is higher than the state average of 67.7 percent.
- There are only 139 uninhabited villages out of a total 1,019 villages in the district.
- A decadal growth rate of the district 16.9 percent is lower than the state average of 20.2 percent.
- Muzaffarnagar tahsil has the highest number of inhabited villages 235, while Budhana tahsil has the lowest number 110 of inhabited villages.
- One new tahsil Khatauli has been added after 2001 census.
Note — MUZAFFARNAGAR (Undivided Muzaffarnagar)
District at a Glance
|Area||2991 Sq Km||No. of Thanas||21|
|No. of Tehsils||4||No. of Village||704|
|No. of Blocks||9||No. of Gram Panchayats||498|
|No. of Municipalities||2||Assembly Constituencies||6|
|No. of Nagar Panchayat||8||Loksbaha Constituencies||1 + Partial|