District Institute of Education & Training
|GOVT.DEPT.|SHAKSHRTA MISSION|DIOS|ITI|EMPLOYMENT|HOME PAGE|Education
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT:
STATE LEVEL- DIRECTOR, STATE COUNCILOF EDUCATIONAL RESEARC AND TRAINING, NISHATGANG, LUCKNOW (U.P.)
DIET is the most significant educational intervention in the country, while the NCERT came up in the 1960,s and the state councils of education research and training came up in 1970,s, the need for a third tier of training and resource support structure, right at the district level was genuinely felt in order to improve the quality of Basic education. As a result DIETs were set up in almost all the districts of all the states in the country.
Govt. of India gave top priority to elementary education different education commissions were constituted which submitted their reports and on the basis of their findings, Govt. made drastic change in the education policy. In the beginning education was a state subject but through an amendment in the constitution in 1976 the subject of education was put on the concurrent list. As a result State Govt. as well as Central Govt. now collectively frame a particular education policy ß National education policy 1986 Þ introduced a new pattern of education known as 10+2+3 system. Establishment of DIETs is based on the recommendations of National Education Policy 1986.
District Institute of Education and Training MuzaffarNagar was established in 1992 by converting Junior Basic Training School. The sole purpose of DIET is to conduct different kinds of trainings programmes to improve the quality of Basic education and create a desirable environment within the district in regard to enroll more and more children of school going age and pave the way for retention of those who are admitted in the school and to ensure the high literacy percentage of male and female as whole.
DIET MuzaffarNagar has an academic faculty of highly qualified teachers who simultaneously work as Block Mentors too, specially to supervise the on going different schemes of Basic Education and guide the teachers to implement the scheme in an effective way through the seven departments as categorized below:
As an apex body in the field of Basic Education at the district level DIET MuzaffarNagar has been assigned to fulfill the following objectives;
1. To make sincere efforts in regards to enroll the children of age group 6-14 those who are identified through a special programme of SCHOOL CHALO ABHIYAN.
2. To increase minimum learning level and achievement level of the students as has been instructed by the education department under D.P.E.P. & S.S.A. programmes.
3. To prepare master trainers / resource persons to guide and train the teachers who are working in primary and upper primary schools.
4. To monitor the performance of different functionaries like B.R.C./ N.P.R.C. / District coordinators/ A.B.S.A. to obtain a desired result.
5. DIET through its mentors keep a watch on the quality of teaching and the on going training programmes which take place at DIET as well as BRC/NPRC level.
6. More emphasis to permote girls education through NPEGEL/ Meena manch and other adequate schemes of woman sensitization like Woman Motivators Group.
7. Sincere efforts are being made ensure maximum utility of T.L.M. (Teacher learning material) with a view to have an effective teaching process in the school education.
8. A careful watch in regard to access/ retention/ minimizing dropouts is being kept at diet level through its mentors.
ADDRESS- DISTRICT INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION AND TRAINING, CIRCULAR
SOURCE- PRINCIPAL, DIET MUZAFFARNAGAR.
PHONE NO. 01312620832
|GOVT.DEPT.|SHAKSHRTA MISSION|DIOS|ITI|EMPLOYMENT|HOME PAGE|