MEDICAL & HEALTH SERVICES
| GOVT.DEPARTMENT | HOME PAGE |
Medical facilities are basically divided into Government and Private Sectors in district. In Government Sector, there are Allopathic, Homeopathic & Ayurvedic and Unani services. All services have their own Distt. Level Officer called as Chief Medical Officer, Distt. Homeopathic Officer and Divisional Ayurvedic and Unani Officer.
As far as an Allopathic Government services concern, it has major three components:
1. Rural Medical Services and Various national Health Programme is looked after by Chief Medical Officer.
2. District Hospital with various specialist facilities looked after by Chief Medical Superintendent (Male).
3. District Female Hospital with various specialist facilities looked after by Chief Medical Superintendent (Female).
1. C.H.C.:- There are 14 Development Blocks in district and has 2839507 population. As far as government norms there should be one Community Health Center for every 1.20 lac population but at present there are 6 CHCs namely Jansath, Kairana, Kandhla, Thanabhawan, Shamli and Garhi Nauabad (Block Budhana). CHC Khatauli is under process of construction and likely to be established by the end of this financial year also. Each CHC has 30 beds and suppose to has various specialist such as Physician, Pediatrician, Surgeon/Ortho Surgeon, Radiologist, Pathologist, Gynecologist, Dental Surgeon and Anesthetist.
2. P.H.C.- There are 68 Primary Health Centers in district and suppose to provided services to 30,000 population by each center. Out of these 26 centers have govt. buildings and rest are running either in sub-centers or rented buildings. 46 PHCs are four beds and two Medical Officers and 22 PHCs are 2 beds & one Medical Officer capacity.
3. FEMALE HOSPITAL - There are 6 Female Hospital situated at Jansath, Kairana, Kandhla, Khatauli, Shamli and Babri. Each hospital has one lady doctor and four beds.
4. SUB-CENTERS- There are 368 sub-centers in district under Family Welfare & Maternity & Child Health Programme (now called as Reproductive Child Health Programme). Each sub-center provide services to approximate 5000 population as per norms. One Basic Health Worker (female) is posted on each center and suppose to provided various facilities covered under R.C.H. Programme such as Antenatal, natal, Postnatal services to mother, infant and children and also Family Welfare as well as counseling and services under other health programme such as S.T.D. & R.T.I. Programme and Aid's Preventive, National blindness Control Programme, National Iodine Deficiency Programme, Leprosy, Tuberculosis etc.
5. P.P.C.- There are four Postmartum Centers in district in rural situated at Khatauli, Shamli, Kairana & Jansath. Each PPC has 10 beds and suppose to provide services under Family Welfare and M.C.H. Programme. Two post of specialists i.e. one Pediatrician and one Gynecologist are sanctioned on each center.
1. District Hospital (Male)- This hospital is situated on main Highway at Sarwat chauraha in Muzaffarnagar town. It has total bed strength of 172 divided between various specialist facilities such as surgery including burn, Orthopedics, Pediatrician, E.N.T., Eye, Dentician, Cardiology (including I.C.U. & TMT) Emergency, Isolation ward and medicines. Beside this special facilities of X-Ray, Ultrasound, Pathology, Blood Bank, Anesthesia and Ambulance are available in this hospital.
2. District Female Hospital- This hospital has 102 beds and situated behind the district hospital (male). One upgraded Postmartum Center is attached with this hospital. It has Gynecologist, Obstracian, Pediatrician, Anesthetist and also provided Laproscopic surgery facilities.
VARIOUS NATIONAL PROGRAMME
There are 5 Dy. CMOs, one Distt. Tuberculosis Officer, one Distt. Leprosy Officer, one Distt. Immunisation Officer, one Senior Medical Officer (Store) and one Distt. Malaria Officer, working under Chief Medical Officer and each officer is looking after various national programme mainly Family Welfare, Immunization, M.C.H., Leprosy, School Health, Iodine Deficiency, Malaria, T.B. etc. Besides this food adulteration prevention and Drugs Control wings are supervised by CFI & I.D. respectively.
There are one separate unit for publicity and one training center for various training course for supervisors & workers, to achieve 100% target of National Programme.
HOMEOPATHIC SERVICES- District has one Divisional Ayurvedic & Unani Officer, who looks after 2 Ayurvedic Hospital of 25 beds, one hospital 15 beds, 22 hospitals for 4 beds and 7 dispensaries. There is one Government Ayurvedic Medical College on Highway at Rampur Tiraha in this district who provides B.A.M.,S. Degree.
PRIVATE SECTOR District has well established private medical facilities. There are so many well equipped Nursing Homes in Muzaffarnagar town as well as in rural area i.e. Shamli, Khatauli, Kairana, Jansath & Purquazi etc. Besides this few Charitable hospitals such as S.D. Medical Institute, Grain Chamber Hospital, Nehru Eye Hospital & E.S.I. Dispensaries also running in Muzaffarnagar.
SOURCE -Chief Medical Officer, Muzaffarnagar, Ph. 440966
| GOVT.DEPARTMENT | HOME PAGE |